1860's: The original school was erected in the Spa village in the 1860's and served the needs of the local community for almost a century. (The building is still in existence and is now used as a workshop by a local carpenter).
1963: As the original building had fallen into disrepair, a new school was built on the present site. (Contractor: O Briens from Tralee)
1980's: Due to increasing enrolment in the late 70's and early 80's two pre-fabricated classrooms were added and an area of ground measuring 0.6 acres adjoining the school grounds was purchased from building contractor Ned O Shea, Tralee to cater for a proper extension. This brought the area fo the school grounds to 1.5 acres.
1990's: In 1993 the new ball court was devveloped by John Browne, Tralee. In 1995 a major extension to the school was begun, which included the erection of four new classrooms and the refurbishment of the existing building. This work was carried out by Seán Clifford, Castlemaine. The cost of extension was £250,000 approx. The local contribuation £38,000 was raised by means of a weekly lottery. The extension was officially opened by the Tánaisteand the Minister for Foreign Affairs, Mr. Dick Spring T.D. on the 16th of September 1996.
2000- 2010: The past decade has seen continued growth in enrolment with the need to acquire two more temporary classrooms. The school has now nine permanent teachers with an enrolment in excess of 190.
It is hoped to develop a further extension including four classrooms in the near future to cater for the currrent and future of the school.